Sketchbook Sneakpeek: Summer Project

Saturday, September 10, 2016


Hey there my lovelies, long time no see?
Thought I'd burst back onto my little blog of oddities with my long awaited, new Sketchbook Sneakpeek! I have been saying I will do one and it's nearly finished so why not? (Doubt it'll be done before I start with all my uni and moving posts so seizing the moment now ;) ) I know it isn't perfect and I'm not including all of it as usual but why not a little taste? 

So my uni course asked me to complete a summer project to bring with me when I start the course. I had a list of things I needed to include and needed photos and my own recordings of the work I saw in the galleries I visited. True to routine, I created a small A5 sketchbook to compile my findings and work in. Here's the part where I show you a few of the best pages from my masterpiece  ( I wish!)


As you know, I explored some galleries in Birmingham, England to search of work. So, obviously a title page is required..


I then recorded and wrote about the first gallery, Birmingham Museum and Gallery, and the work I found interesting and connected with.








Obviously this isn't all of it, but the unshown pages are more text and research based and who wants to look at pages of information? We need pictures dammit! Aha, anyway after that I did a few pages based on the second gallery, Ikon, with sketches and extracts front the gallery's leaflet included.








I did a lot less drawing for this gallery but again I have collected plenty of information about the artists and the work I found particularly engaging. Padded out with more information, this is then followed by a few studies I have done on the works I observed. They are only rough and quick, as they are more impressions of the work than photo realistic masterpieces! 


But yeah, there we go. This is simply my way of compiling what I need into an organised understandable format for myself and possibly others. As I get closer to completion I worry it isn't what my course leader will be after but at the same time I am mega excited to get started with my degree work! ( Yep, it's still scary to say that :D) This is just one of the the steps to the quickly approaching date of my new beginning as a student. I'll be sure to keep you up to date with the moving and organising side of things gs as well as my feelings (eww, feelings) and thoughts on the big change in my life. 
That's it for now and see you soon!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This is so cool! I love the format and the creative fonts. You are a great artist with an obviously good eye for graphic design.

    Ella ~ Simply Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thats really sweet of you! I find the fonts and different formats keep a sketchbook from looking too stale😀 Thanks you the feedback

      Delete
  2. *GASP!* You have no idea how much I admire this! UGH I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Im always looking for sketchbook inspiration so thought id put a little out there myself 😄

      Delete
  3. Your sketchbook is beautiful! My favourite page is the one with the study of monte civetta (I hope I got that one right haha).
    I truly look up to you and hope uni's going well :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow
All images used on this site are mine unless stated (eg. Pixabay.com) and I respectfully ask for requested permission to use them. Other images will have a stated source. Thank you.